Monday, April 06, 2009

Bad Blogger, No Biscuit

Yes, I know, I am not updating this blog as often as I ought to be.

But Doc and I are trying to frantically prepare for his Schutzhund I title on April 25, and I'm spending as much time as I can working with him on his retrieves, jumping, long downs, go-outs, etc. We've been training for this for a good, long time, but somehow you never feel ready . . . but hopefully by the time trial weekend rolls around, we'll be prepared and happy to have our first trial experience done and over with. Then, hopefully, I won't feel so scattered and nervous when it comes time to do his Schutzhund II. Hey, I'll be optimistic and say that maybe we can even make it a goal to go for the II in the fall!



By the way, here is Doc sporting his new bright-green Ellas Lead, along with his nice brown-leather with lime-green lining collar from Collarmania.

He won these items in a New Year's Resolution contest on Pit Bull Forum earlier this year. Doc resolved, among other things, to get that Schutzhund I and just set a good example for the breed all year long.

Hopefully on April 25, we'll make good on that promise. All we can do is try and do our best, right?

1 comment: